FireCat! The Legend of Amazon Sage©

Sage is a quirky girl who always loved wild animals, funny people, adventure and indigenous music. She still does.


What no one knows is that every night in her dreams, Sage

transforms into a woman of power and wisdom, called

Amazon Sage.

Unlimited by the confines of newtonian physics, she is fierce and full of compassion, traveling where ever she is needed to help relieve suffering in the world.

Only problem is,

Amazon Sage© only lives while Sage is dreaming.

Once Sage awakens, Amazon Sage © disappears. These blogs are written by Sage, telling what happens in this most secret life...

Thursday, March 17, 2011

"Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." - His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Good morning, friends. I started with a quote by His Holiness, Dalai Lama, because sometimes even invoking his name brings a sense of peace to me. But what I really want to talk about is where Amazon Sage took me last night in my dreams. After all the sadness of the past few weeks, my doppleganger (you know, the me that I only let out at night), dream-travelled to a place not in this reality. It was almost as though she got pulled into some bizarre cosmic-comic void. All I know is that I awoke to some strange images floating around in my head. Like the Helicopter-Boat-Car. 

Clearly, this was not a typical amphibious vehicle. Yet, how handy it might be right now, since it seemed to be made specifically for places that have been devastated by multiple disasters; tsunami, floods, cave-ins, tornadoes, and quakes. The top level of this one-person device is a small helicopter, much like a recent invention I saw on TV. However, connected directly underneath is an amphibious  boat-like contraption with wheels. Granted, the one I visualized is not the most elegant looking craft ever conceived, but it did the job, transporting search and rescue workers to obscure terrain that normal craft are unable to traverse. Of course, in last night’s dream they were all cartoon-ized!

Another bizarre invention in that nether world was a humongous greeting card  with a three-dimensional image of a bumble bee on the front. It was a full three by five feet large. Not thinking twice, I eagerly opened the card and was met with the very real buzz sounds of millions of bees... as if somebody has been keeping all of our country’s missing bees inside this comic card for months! Of course, I closed it immediately for fear of being mistaken for their destroyer. Now, if I can only figure out how to get them back home.
In my dream, I began to wonder if some essential wiring in my brain had begun to short circuit, as if all the suffering and sorrow of the world may be a bit much for one super hero named Amazon Sage.  It’s true, that each night, before I go to sleep, I actually invite all of these events to make themselves known to me so that I might find some way of helping to relieve their suffering. That’s when it hit me. 

The Dalai Lama’s quote was manifesting in my subconscious. As I dreamed, it was reminding me: "Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck." And you know what? I do feel lucky. I feel lucky that I’m alive and that I haven’t died from cancer or had a limb removed due to diabetes. I feel lucky that I have a home and can walk outside and breathe the fresh air. I feel lucky that I have food to eat and people in my life who give me grief along with a whole lot of love. I wonder aloud: “What if, for just a moment, everyone who is suffering right now could feel so blessed for having their life on this very day?”
Old versions of what’s lucky immediately flood my awareness: Lucky dog; Happy, go lucky; the Joy Luck Club. I smile and a tear forms for all those who struggle valiantly to stay on the planet one more day. I send my love and all the luck I can muster. And for you, my dear readers, may the Luck of the Irish be with you on this fine day in March!