FireCat! The Legend of Amazon Sage©

Sage is a quirky girl who always loved wild animals, funny people, adventure and indigenous music. She still does.


What no one knows is that every night in her dreams, Sage

transforms into a woman of power and wisdom, called

Amazon Sage.

Unlimited by the confines of newtonian physics, she is fierce and full of compassion, traveling where ever she is needed to help relieve suffering in the world.

Only problem is,

Amazon Sage© only lives while Sage is dreaming.

Once Sage awakens, Amazon Sage © disappears. These blogs are written by Sage, telling what happens in this most secret life...

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

"The Case of the Disappearing Minds..."

Last night while I was dreaming, I sensed something was wrong with Amazon Sage. When I asked, she told me that she had just returned from a little cafe in Seattle where something really weird just happened. It’s like she couldn’t quite make sense of it herself. This is what the barista at the cafe told her.

“Sure, I’ll tell you about it. Ray was sitting there talking on his cell and working on his computer one minute, then the next, he was gone... disappeared. In his place was this big old doll sitting there. It wasn’t any kind of doll that I recognized. It certainly wasn’t anything that a kid would want to buy. It looked, well... lifeless. Yeah, I was creeped out and for some reason, I had the feeling that he’d been snatched. That’s when I saw it; this dark, shadowy figure sitting near by.... almost flickering... kind of like a fire. Soon, it went out too.”

Amazon Sage shuddered as she relayed to me her conversation with the barista. Not one to lose her cool, this was testing her resolve to remain dispassionate. Continuing, she said:

“That’s when the barista told me, and I know this sounds crazy, ‘To tell you the truth, I think he finally melded into the electromagnetic field that he created around himself, from so many years of online presence. Even his mom left him last month, because of his addiction to the machine. After years of trying to get him to find a job,  she finally ran off to Miami with their gardner.  That's why I was staying there. He couldn't even fix food anymore..."

I know my mouth must have already been hanging open but what Amazon Sage said next, was something I never thought I’d hear... outside of a science fiction movie. Sage said, “Then the Barista told me, ‘The problem is, that was the fifth time this week somebody disappeared like that’.”

Hmmm. Wake up everybody. If you’re addicted to your machines, get a life. If you can't admit you have a problem but others tell you that you do, get help...before it’s too late. Bye, bye...